The mission of the AHG National Catholic Committee is to support American Heritage Girls, Inc. while promoting and providing for the growth and spiritual development of its Catholic members, in fidelity to the magisterium of the Catholic Church, and to act as the liaison between AHG, Inc. and the Catholic Church.
In 2015, The American Heritage Girls National Catholic Committee elected its first Episcopal Moderator, Bishop James D. Conley from the Catholic Diocese of Lincoln. His Excellency will provide spiritual guidance while presiding over and representing the AHG NCC. Learn more about the Episcopal Moderator here.
Endorsements of AHG from Catholic arch/dioceses
- Diocese of Birmingham
- Diocese of Colorado Springs
- Diocese of Ft. Worth
- Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas
- Diocese of Lincoln
- Archdiocese of Omaha
- Diocese of Rockford
- Archdiocese of St. Louis
Programming to encourage a girl’s Catholic faith
In addition to AHG’s Christ-centered program, there are a number of additional opportunities for girls to grow in their Catholic faith.
- AHG’s Respect Life Patch
- Fatima 100th Anniversary Patch Program
- Religious Recognitions and Awards through the National Federation for Catholic Youth Ministries and National Catholic Committee on Scouting
Highlights of AHG in Catholic arch/dioceses across the nation
- “More Than Scouting” in the Rockford Diocese
- AHG program focuses on prayer, service in Fargo, ND
- AHG girl earns her Stars & Stripes Award in Eagle River, AK
- AHG introduces a Respect Life Patch
- AHG Troop wins distinguished Archbishop’s Trophy
Want to know what AHG’s National Catholic Committee is up to? Check them out on Facebook or fill out the contact form below.