The mission of the AHG National Catholic Committee is to support American Heritage Girls, Inc. while promoting and providing for the growth and spiritual development of its Catholic members, in fidelity to the magisterium of the Catholic Church, and to act as the liaison between AHG, Inc. and the Catholic Church.
In 2015, The American Heritage Girls National Catholic Committee elected its first Episcopal Moderator, Bishop James D. Conley from the Catholic Diocese of Lincoln. His Excellency will provide spiritual guidance while presiding over and representing the AHG NCC. Learn more about the Episcopal Moderator here.
“It is important to foster a culture of evangelization with the young people of our diocese, which helps them deepen their faith and share it with others. To accomplish this, we prioritize those programs that best teach our youth to be disciples of Jesus Christ, instill Christian values and nurture Christian virtues. Among the programs the Diocese of Marquette plans to support and charter now and into the future is the American Heritage Girls.” ~Most Reverend John F. Doerfler, Bishop of Marquette, MI
Endorsements of AHG from Catholic arch/dioceses
- Diocese of Birmingham
- Diocese of Colorado Springs
- Diocese of Dallas
- Diocese of Fort Worth
- Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas
- Diocese of Lincoln
- Archdiocese of Milwaukee
- Archdiocese of Omaha
- Diocese of Rockford
- Archdiocese of St. Louis
Programming to encourage a girl’s Catholic faith
In addition to AHG’s Christ-centered program, there are a number of additional opportunities for girls to grow in their Catholic faith.
- AHG’s Catholic Faith Awards
- Religious Recognitions and Awards through the National Federation for Catholic Youth Ministries and National Catholic Committee on Scouting
- AHG’s Respect Life Patch
- Fatima 100th Anniversary Patch Program
- NCC Religious Vocations Patch Program
- Webinar Resource link
“We are pleased to offer the new Catholic Faith Awards to American Heritage Girls here in the Archdiocese of Milwaukee. As soon as they were available, we reviewed the materials, and endorsed these new Awards as a way to foster a girl’s faith development and to weave the Catholic belief and practice throughout a girl’s AHG experience, from Tenderheart to Partiot.” – Gary Pokorny, Director of Catechesis, Archdiocese of Milwaukee
Highlights of AHG in Catholic arch/dioceses across the nation
- “More Than Scouting” in the Rockford Diocese
- AHG program focuses on prayer, service in Fargo, ND
- AHG girl earns her Stars & Stripes Award in Eagle River, AK
- AHG introduces a Respect Life Patch
- AHG Troop wins distinguished Archbishop’s Trophy
- Local Teen Earns Highest Honor in American Heritage Girls Program
Want to know what AHG’s National Catholic Committee is up to? Check them out on Facebook or fill out the contact form below.