We’re so excited that you and your daughter have begun your adventure with American Heritage Girls! Faith, Service and FUN await! Here are a few resources to get you started.
AHG Official Uniform
If you are the parent of a registered American Heritage Girl, please download our Uniform FAQ document for useful information that will help your daughter make the most of her AHG experience.
AHG Faith Awards
The AHG Program is rooted in Christ. The AHG Faith Awards Program was created in an effort to provide American Heritage Girls the opportunity to grow in faith and become lifelong Christ-followers. The AHG Faith Awards are one of the main avenues by which faith is integrated into the AHG Program. The B.Y. Faith Awards Program offers Protestant girls the ability to customize a Faith Awards Program to their denominational beliefs, while the Catholic Faith Awards Program provides Roman Catholic girls with a Church-approved curriculum. Stay tuned for more information, launching Spring 2020.
AHG Pen Pal Program
The American Heritage Girls Pen Pal Program is a unique and fun opportunity for girls to make friends in other Troops across the nation! All Levels can participate, and each girl will receive a girl pen pal from a different state at the same Program Level. Girls communicate with their pen pals in a variety of fun ways to make it a great experience!
Participants will receive a Pen Pal Patch from their Troop Coordinators to place on the back of their AHG vest or sash.
The 2020 Pen Pal Patch will be designed by a girl participating in the 2020 Pen Pal Program!
The 2020 Pen Pal Registration runs from November 1st – November 30th, 2019 at 11:59 pm Eastern Standard Time. All AHG Registered Members for the 2019-2020 Program Year will receive an email invitation to sign up. Simply follow the link in the email to register. Matches will be sent, via email, the beginning January.
Participation Fee: Covers the Pen Pal Patch and administrative fees.
$8.00 – First daughter
$6.00 – Each additional daughter
Pen Pal Communications Methods:
There are many, creative options for girls to communicate with their pen pals. Based on a girl’s age, technology capabilities, preferences and parent permission, the following methods can be used:
- Postal Mail – This ‘old-fashioned’ letter writing is encouraged, especially with younger girls as it develops an understanding of written communication. Letters, pictures, and cards can be sent.
- Email Communication – This can be done through a parent’s email for younger girls, while older girls can use their own email address with parent permission.
- Social Media/Texting – This creative option is available for older girls only. This can only be used if both pen pal families are comfortable with this method of communication.
To help with letter writing, AHG has Pen Pal Packets full of wonderful, monthly prompts to help spark creativity in your written communications. Click the appropriate Program Level below to access the packet:
Expectations for the Pen Pal Program:
Girls are expected to communicate with their pen pal at least once per month during the 2020 calendar year – January through December.
Along with the privilege of having a pen pal, participation in the AHG Pen Pal Program requires the responsibility to be a good pen pal. Prayerfully consider being a pen pal before you make the commitment.
- Access the 2020 Pen Pal Parent and Girl Agreement form
- Visit the 2020 Pen Pal FAQ page
- Share the 2020 Pen Pal Flyer with your Troop.
- Questions can be directed to AHG, Inc. via the Pen Pal Form